PENTAX ANNOUNCES TWO HEAVY-DUTY
New PENTAX Models Expand DCF Series
GOLDEN, CO (January 10, 2011) PENTAX Imaging Company announced two new binocular series to the PENTAX DCF line-up. Each heavy-duty DCF series roof-prism binocular, the PENTAX 9x32 DCF BC and the 9x42 DCF BR, features high-performance optics, a waterproof construction allowing fresh-water rinsing, and an ergonomic body design for a comfortable hold. Combining outstanding optical performance and value with a compact, lightweight, carry-anywhere body, these new models may be used in a wide range of applications including nature observation, bird-watching, sports viewing, hunting and more.
The new DCF series features an open-bridge configuration for a firm, comfortable hold. Protected with a rubber housing that features slight indentations for the user’s thumbs, each model offers stable, fatigue-free observation, even while users continuously track a moving subject during extended observation.
The optics in both models are designed to offer top-level optical performance and deliver bright, clear subject images. Specifically, the high-refraction BaK4 glass prisms feature multiple coatings:
• fully multi coating is applied to all light-transmitting surfaces of the lenses and prisms to optimize light transmittance
• phase coating is applied to the roof surfaces of the prisms to improve resolution and contrast.
One additional coating is applied to the auxiliary prisms of each model to further enhance light transmittance:
• silver-deposited coating for the PENTAX 9x32 DCF BC
• super-reflection coating for the PENTAX 9x42 DCF BR.
With airtight, waterproof construction (equivalent to JIS Class 6), the new DCF models provide worry-free observation under all weather conditions including rain and in venues on or around water. These binoculars may be rinsed clean with fresh water and submerged in water to a depth of one meter.*
* These models may not be used for underwater viewing.
This DCF series is made of durable, lightweight, glass-fiber reinforced engineered plastic and protected with a full-body rubber housing for excellent external shock resistance. Each body is filled with nitrogen gas to prevent moisture condensation within the lens barrels due to sudden temperature fluctuation. This nitrogen-filled construction also effectively prevents fogging of the lenses, fungal growth and rusting of interior parts.
Additional features of the new series include:
• Helicoid-type, extendible eyepiece rings with a click-stop adjuster for quick, easy adjustment of eyepiece position
• Minimum focusing distance of approximately 2.5 meters (8.25 feet) for a clear view of
• Rain-shielding eyepiece caps to prevent the intrusion of dust and raindrops during observation
• Long eye relief to assure comfortable observation over extended periods, even for eyeglass wearers
• Tripod socket (9x42 DCF BR only; the optional TP-3 Tripod Adapter required for on-the-tripod observation)
The new PENTAX DCF series binoculars will be available in February 2011. The PENTAX 9x32 DCF BC will be priced at $299.00 and the 9x42 DCF BR will be $349.00.
Images of these products are available here: http://www.pentaximaging.com/press/pressfiles.html
These products will be on display in PENTAX Booth 2833 at SHOT SHOW 2011 from January 18-21 at the Sands Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
PENTAX Imaging Company is an innovative leader in the production of sport optics, digital cameras, lenses, and eyepieces. For more than 90 years, PENTAX has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of consumers and businesses. PENTAX Imaging Company is a division of PENTAX of America, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Hoya Corporation in Japan.
# # #
PENTAX is a registered trademark of HOYA CORPORATION.
Design and Specifications are subject to change without notice.