September 01, 2011
PENTAX ANNOUNCES PRICE REDUCTION AND TEMPORARY INSTANT REBATE ON K-5 DIGITAL SLR: Combined Savings Total $400 USD
PENTAX ANNOUNCES PRICE REDUCTION AND TEMPORARY INSTANT REBATE ON K-5 DIGITAL SLR: Combined Savings Total $400 USDGOLDEN, CO. (September 1, 2011)…PENTAX Imaging Company has announced a price reduction on the PENTAX K-5 Digital SLR. Effective today, the price of the K-5 has dropped $100.00 USD to $1499.95 USD (body only) and to $1,649.95 USD (for the K-5 lens kit w DA 18-55 WR lens). In addition, from now until November 30, 2011, a $300.00 instant rebate is in effect on any qualifying purchase of either kit configuration. The combined savings brings the K-5 to $1199.95* (body only) and $1,349.95* (for K-5 lens kit w DA 18-55 WR lens).
* While the price reduction is permanent, the instant rebate is valid only for a limited time for purchases made on either K-5 camera configuration from now until November 30, 2011.
PENTAX INSTANT REBATE PROGRAMS offer several consumer advantages, including no need to submit or track claims or wait several weeks for a rebate check. More information about the program, the products and where to buy is available at: http://www.pentaximaging.com/slr/K-5/
First announced in September 2010, the K-5 features:
• A high resolution 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor with integrated AD conversion circuitry.
• High sensitivity 80-51200 ISO range with improved noise performance.
• Speedy 7 FPS captures fast action shots.
• Highly responsive and accurate 11 point SAFOX IX+ autofocus system with dedicated AF assist lamp and light wavelength sensor.
• Widescreen 1080p HD video at 25 FPS, with sound via built-in or external 3.5mm stereo microphone jack.
• Large 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution.
• Fully weather sealed and coldproof design.
• Durable magnesium alloy covers surround a rugged stainless steel chassis.
• Highly accurate 77 segment metering system.
• Pentaprism viewfinder with 100% field of view and 0.92X magnification.
• PENTAX body-based Shake Reduction (SR) stabilization system.
• A maximum 1/8000 second shutter speed.
• HDMI port outputs high definition images and video (and sound).
• Native support for both PENTAX PEF and Adobe DNG 14 bit RAW files.
• Improved in-camera HDR image capture.
• A wide range of in-camera image processing and special effects filters.
• Customizable RAW/Fx button.
• Built-in electronic level with tilt scale display.
PENTAX Imaging Company is an innovative leader in the production of a variety of adventure ready digital cameras including weather-resistant digital SLRs and stylish, compact, waterproof cameras, as well as lenses, flash units, binoculars, scopes, and eyepieces. For more than 90 years, PENTAX has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of adventurous consumers and businesses. With headquarters in Golden, Colorado, PENTAX Imaging Company is a division of Hoya Corporation.
On July 1, 2011, Hoya announced an agreement to transfer the PENTAX Imaging Systems business to RICOH Corporation. The effective date of the sale is set for October 1, 2011. Additional details may be found here: www.PENTAXimaging.com/news
# # #