This section allows you to easily view, print and download additional information about your product: select literature and product manuals.
These instructions will guide you through the process of installing the USB drivers for your camera on a Windows 98 or Windows 98SE computer.
Other operating systems such as Windows XP, ME, 2000, and MacOS (8.6 and later) do not need these drivers, because they will automatically sense the connection of your camera and load their own built-in mass storage drivers.
Windows Download Instructions:
1. Download and install these drivers before you attempt to connect your camera to your Windows computer.
2. Download the usbsw13.exe self-extracting driver file and save it on your computer's hard drive:
1. Make sure you have a memory card in your camera, then connect your camera to the computer with the USB cable.
While you can generally use any USB port on your computer, including a powered hub, if you run into any connection problems then make sure to try a USB port on the back of your computer that is connected directly to your motherboard.
2. Turn your camera on (you can be in any mode).
3. Your computer will automatically detect the camera as new hardware, and start a New Hardware Wizard to help you find the needed drivers.
4. Place the selection dot by the Wizard's recommended option if it is not already there.
5. Place a checkmark by Specify a location: and type c:pentaxsw13 without the quotes into the location field. This will instruct the Wizard to look for the driver files in the location to which you unzipped them earlier.
6. The Wizard will do a quick search and tell you that it has found the needed drivers.
7. Now, the Wizard will complete the first part of the installation.
8. The Wizard will now run the second part of the installation.
9. Place the selection dot is by the Wizard's recommended option if it is not already there.
10. The Wizard should still show a checkmark by Specify a location: and c:pentaxsw13 without the quotes should still be in the location field.
11.The Wizard will do another quick search and tell you that it has found the needed drivers.
12. Now, the Wizard will complete the final part of the installation.
13. You're done! You can now find your camera as a removable disk drive in the My Computer window.