PENTAX K-7 Firmware Update Version 1.13
Thank you for using a PENTAX K-7 digital camera.
PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.13 for K-7.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.13
• Correspond to HD PENTAX-DA AF REAR CONVERTER 1.4X AW.
• Improved stability for general performance
*Contents of [Version 1.12] and earlier version will be also updated.
Changes to V1.12
• Improved reliability of recording operation when using SDXC memory card.
*If you have already updated to Version1.11, we are very sorry for this inconvenience. Please update to Version 1.12.
*Contents of [Version 1.11] and earlier version will be also updated.
Changes to V1.11
• Compatible with SDXC memory card.
*Transfer rate is not compatible with UHS speed class.
Changes to V1.10
• Added Movie editing function on playback mode palette. You can divide a movie into multiple segments and erase unwanted segments from the movie. How to operate the function, Click Here.
• Added Electronic Level indication on the Monitor
• When Mode dial is set M or X and Electronic Level is set to display, exposure meter is indicated both of them in the LCD panel and in the Viewfinder
• Added [Reversal Film] mode on Custom Image function [PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4] have been updated. For update software, Click Here
• When using Live View, auto focus activate by pressing shutter release button halfway. Also improved focus speed
Changes to V1.03
• Lens Correction (Distortion, Lateral chromatic aberration) is settable for below FA limited lenses.
smc PENTAX-FA 31mmF1.8AL Limited
smc PENTAX-FA 43mmF1.9 Limited
smc PENTAX-FA 77mmF1.8 Limited
• Improved usability by optimize the program of vertical position judgment.
• Improved stability of recording movie for some SDHC Memory card.
Changes to V1.02
• Added [Fine Sharpness 2] which makes image outlines even sharper than [Fine Sharpness] to the Sharpness setting of Custom Image. How to select [Fine Sharpness 2], Click Here
• Improved total image processing performance at the particular shooting condition or setting such as preview image quality at the "Water Color & Pastel" of Digital Filter mode.
• Improved stability for general performance such as with Battery Grip D-BG4, the rear e-dial may rarely become unstable in particular shooting condition.
Changes to V1.01
• Added [Operate at AF point"SEL"] on [Custom] menu and it can be selected either [1 Calling Function Preference] or [2 Select AF point Preference].
When selected [2 Select AF point Preference] and AF point switching dial is set at [SEL], selection of AF point can be operated priority by the four-way controller.
How to operate additional function, Click Here.
• Improved stability for general performance
For example: when left- end focus point is selected, function of auto focus may rarely become unstable in particular shooting condition.
• Only K-7 users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K-7
Name PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K-7
Registered name K7_e113w.exe (For Windows ｘ,ｘｘｘ Kbytes) , k7_e113m.zip (For Mac ｘ,ｘｘｘ Kbytes)
Applied product K-7
To check the version number, turn your camera on while holding down the MENU button.
The version number will appear in the center of the LCD screen.
Updated firmware file For Windows : LHA self-extract file, For mac : zip type
Release date 2014/03/06
Copy right RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Preparation of update
• Blank, formatted SD/SDHC card (32MB or more)
• USB cable I-USB17
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD/SDHC card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
• SD/SDHC card reader or a computer with a SD/SDHC card slot
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD/SDHC card using a memory card reader / writer.
• Fully charged battery (D-LI90)
Download the updated firmware file
• For Windows : 1394232765_K7_e113w.exe --- ｘ,ｘｘｘ Kbytes, LHA type, self-extracting files
• For Macintosh : 1394232765_k7_e113m.zip --- ｘ,ｘｘｘ Kbytes, zip type
Extract downloaded file
The following two files will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking.
• readme.txt: The text file that explained update procedure in details.
• Fwdc204b.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy fwdc204b.bin file to SD card
After formatting the SD/SDHC card, copy the fwdc204b.bin file to the route directory of the SD/SDHC card.
Please read the readme.txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware.
1. This software may only be used by users who own the K-7.
2. This software is covered by a software license agreement. Please read the software license agreement before downloading the software.
3. You will have agreed with this software license agreement when the download starts.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K-7 Software License Agreement
The customer (hereinafter "the user") shall verify the following items below related to the use of the licensed software supplied to the user by RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. (hereinafter "PENTAX ").
The download starts when you press "I agree. Start download." on this software license agreement.
1. Definition of terms
o Licensed software: "Licensed software" means the captioned program in a format that the user can download from the PENTAX website or from a site empowered by PENTAX.
o Use : "Use" means the user downloading and retrieving the licensed software from the PENTAX website or from a site empowered by PENTAX.
o Designated machine: "Designated machine" means the single computer system set up in order for the user to use the licensed software.
o Reproduction: "Reproduction" means reproducing the licensed software on a storage device in the same format as the user downloaded or a different format.
o Modification: "Modification" means performing alternations or making additions to the licensed software, or creating separate software that makes use of all or a portion of the licensed software.
2. Grant of license
PENTAX grants a non-exclusive license to the user on the condition that the user uses the licensed software in accordance with the terms and conditions of this software license agreement. The user may only use the licensed software on the designated machine.
3. Reproduction of the licensed software
The user shall not reproduce the licensed software for purposes other than to save and backup the licensed software intended for use on the designated machine.
4. Modifying the licensed software
The user shall not modify or reverse engineer the licensed software for any reason.
5. Property rights and copyright
The copyright and other property rights for the licensed software and for reproductions of the licensed software belong to PENTAX regardless of any reason. The user shall not remove the copyright notations from the licensed software or from reproductions of the licensed software.
6. Grant of sublicense
The user shall not transfer possession of the licensed software or reproductions of the licensed software to third parties, and the user shall not transfer the license nor grant a sublicense of the licensed software to third parties.
7. Agreement period
This software license agreement is effective on the day the user starts using the licensed software and is valid until the time the user stops use. Provided that, when the user has violated any portion of this software license agreement, PENTAX may revoke the license granted to the user for the licensed software and terminate the software license agreement.
8. Obligations after termination
After the software license agreement is terminated, the user, at the user's own responsibility, shall dispose of the licensed software after rendering it into a state where it cannot be used by third parties, and dispose of reproductions and modifications of the licensed software, and all materials related to the licensed software.
9. Guarantee of the licensed software
PENTAX shall not guarantee that the licensed software is suitable for the user's designated purposes, or that the licensed software is useful, or that this licensed software is free from defects, nor shall PENTAX make any other guarantees related to the licensed software.
10. Exporting the licensed software
The user shall not directly or indirectly export all or a portion of the licensed software without obtaining the necessary permission from the Government of Japan or the governments of the relevant countries.
11. PENTAX's responsibilities
PENTAX A assumes no responsibility under any circumstance for direct or indirect damage or damage from ripple effects that occurs from using the licensed software, for damage to data, programs, or other intangible properties, or for loss of usage benefits and lost profits.
12. Responsibility for employees
The user assumes all responsibility that the user's employees (those employees that the user has a responsibility to manage or monitor based on an employment relationship) fully comprehend the obligations set forth in this software license agreement and faithfully fulfill those obligations.
- PENTAX K-7 Firmware Update Version 1.13 for Mac Download
- PENTAX K-7 Firmware Update Version 1.13 for PC Download
WINDOWS RAW CODEC
The Pentax RAW codec for Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32 bit) runs behind the scenes, allowing Windows' own image viewers such as Photo Gallery to recognize and display Pentax RAW files (.PEF) from Pentax digital SLR cameras. Please note, this CODEC software will not operate under the 64 bit environments of Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Click the download link below, and save the download file to your computer's hard drive. For example, saving the download file to your desktop will allow you find it easily once the download is complete.
Close other applications, then double click the download file to begin the installation.
Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
Restart your computer (this may happen automatically).
Date: November, 2009
Copyright: Hoya Corporation
Reproduction: All rights reserved
All product and company names shown here are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies
- WINDOWS VISTA/7 32 BIT RAW CODEC (8.59 MB) Download
PENTAX DIGITAL CAMERA UTILITY UPDATE v4.40
PENTAX is pleased to announce that the PENTAX Digital Camera Utility version 4.40 is now available, free of charge, to previous owners of the Digital Camera Utility versions 4 and later.
Downloads are available for Windows (7, Vista, XP SP3) and MacOS-X (10.4.11, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7).
PLEASE NOTE: Due to significant design changes with the Digital Camera Utility version 4 from previous versions, this update will only work with versions 4 and later. Previous versions of this utility software (e.g. versions 2x and 3x), will not be updated with this download.
VERSION HISTORY (FROM VERSION 4.0)
Correspond to K-5II and K-5IIs
Added lens data: smc PENTAX-DA 50mmF1.8, smc PENTAX-DA 18-270mmF3.5-6.3ED SDM, HD PENTAX-DA560mmF5.6ED AW, HD PENTAX-D FA645 MACRO 90mmF2.8ED AW SR
Corrected --- Easy Image Transfer may not function.
* Contents of [Version 4.11 to Version 4.35] will be also updated
Added new lens data.
Updated software libraries to reduce tone jumping.
Fixed an issue with the help window sometimes not displaying properly (Mac)
Administrative changes (e.g. company name, splash screen, version data, etc.).
Fixed an issue when redeveloping a JPG image where the Reversal Film effect was not properly applied.
Fixed an issue when rotating a thumbnail image, the rotation was not reflected. (Win)
Fixed an issue when changing the image tone to "Camera Setting" it changed to "Natural" after saving the file parameters.
Fixed an issue where the date was being printed on the bottom right "inside" of an image, even though bottom right "outside" was selected. (Win)
Added GPS data to the image data panel.
Updated image processing engine with improved noise reduction handling for RAW image development. Also added a confirmation to the image preview pane to confirm the level of noise reduction.
Improved stability for large image folders (>100 images).
Fixed behavior whereby parameters are not remembered when an external HDD is disconnected that contains the parameter setting file.
Added new lens data.
Fixed the Distortion Correction function so that the sliders for "Correction Balance" and "Compensation" are not reversed.
Improved stability and performance for the Print Bracketing function.
Added support for the K-5 and K-r DSLR cameras.
Added "Bleach Bypass" Custom Image mode.
Added "Auto Correction" to the Lens Correction function.
Added new lens data.
Improved overall stability and general performance.
Added support for the PENTAX 645D.
Added Reversal Film custom image mode.
Added lens data for the PENTAX D FA 645 55mm F2.8 lens.
Improved overall stability and general performance.
Added support for the PENTAX K-x DSLR camera.
Added support for Blue Sky and Sunset picture modes to the image data display.
Added support for the Cross Processing function to the image data display.
Added lens data for the PENTAX DA L 55-300mm lens (K-x-only kit lens).
When canceling the Bold condition of "Indicate Changes In Image Data During Frame Advance" in previous versions of the software, it would sometimes not cancel. Version 4.11 corrects this condition, so that it does cancel properly.
Fixed the display of the white balance fine tuning value.
Improved overall program stability.
Improved stability of Gray Point setting. (Mac)
Fixed the main display window to maintain the display of Image Data and Histogram. (Win)
Fixed a crash condition that might occur when viewing an image previously rotated in Windows Photo Gallery. (Win)
Fixed the display for images captured with AF Select, so that the software does not show [----]. (Win)
Added the choice to overwrite the original file when using the Save As operation. Previously, the choice to overwrite/replace the original file was not an option. (Win)
Fixed the Crop function to reflect image coordinates. (Win)
You must have version 4x of the PENTAX Digital Camera Utility software installed in order to download and install this update.
Windows: 7, Vista, XP (SP3 or later), Pentium D equivalent or later (Intel Core 2GHz recommended), 2GB RAM (3GB RAM recommended), 1GB HDD free space (8GB recommended).
MacOS-X: version 10.4.11, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, G5 processor or later (support for dual core, Intel Core processor, Universal Binary), 2GB RAM (4GB recommended), 1GB HDD free space (8GB recommended).
Click the download link below appropriate to your operating system, and save the download file to your computer's hard drive. For example, saving the download file to your desktop will allow you find it easily once the download is complete.
Close other applications, then double click the download file to begin updating your current version 4 Utility Software. Mac users may need to first unstuff the download file prior to installation.
Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
When the update is complete, click FINISH to exit the installer.
Date: April, 2012
Copyright: Pentax Ricoh Imaging Company, LTD.
Reproduction: All rights reserved.
All product and company names shown here are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- DIGITAL CAMERA UTILITY UPDATE FOR WINDOWS 7/Vista/XP Download
- DOWNLOAD DIGITAL CAMERA UTILITY UPDATE FOR MACOS-X Download